UX & UI Designer

PrimeBuilder

Project Overview

PrimeBuilder is an MBPM (Mobile Business Process Management) platform, which is possible to build work flows and process on demand to companies of differents lines of work, making possible to provide check-list, tasks, work flows and any different kinds of demand to the company employees.

Nowadays this system has many different versions, web, IOS, Android e Windows Phone. When I joined, the company was in a time to rebuild all the web version and to begin the first IOS and Windows Phone version.

Building the IOS and Windows Phone version of the app, which I shared with another UX Designer, I was responsible for the IOS version and him responsible for redesign the app to Windows Phone devices.

After we finished the apps, was time to start the “Darwin” version of the system, the structure was not planned to has the largest quantity of features, so a new version with a structure planned and with an experience designed was necessary.

And at the same time, periodically adjusts and updates were being made on the Android version, that already used the Google Material Design and was in use by clients.

THE TEAM


My role

Gathering requirements of the system, plan all the new features visual aspect, adjust visual nonconformities and keep the standard about everything.

Together with the other UX Designer, I was the responsible to document the new features and also support the developers to develop the front side.

Process

How in this project we worked on different platforms and with different teams, methodologies, we adopted different process according to with demand and deadline. SCRUM was ever present, with 15 days sprints and daily meetings, which included all the teams, Q.A, Design, Developers, and Support.

To develop the new panel, we did a deep immersion with the main client, some screens were prototyped following the client’s considerations and others that we have been planning for this new version, in this way we finally had an MVP to be built. Sometime after the MVP prototype in InVision was checked by the client and approved.

To develop the front-end was made a mix between two frameworks, Google Material Design and Twitter Bootstrap, in this way, on the future the standard could be kept independent of the designer presence.

About the others applications, IOS and Windows Phone were developed following the application already existent in Android, which was made using Google Material Design. We made few customizations, just because each operations systems have their technical and language limitations.

Prototypes and tests

To prototype, I began with wireframes paper and after went to a high fidelity version on the Photoshop, an InVision prototype was made from this PSD file, tested and validated for the client.

To get more information about clients use, the Hotjar was used constantly by the project owners and managers. In this way, we had knowlodge about the tools and features most used, usability deficiencies and necessities to be implanted.

Below some screens approved by the client.



Final results

With reports of reduction around of 400% of the administrations cost by the main client, the delivery of this project was a success and new features had been ordered, in parallel to that, the rest of the old system continued being redesigned and restructured for this new architecture and visual line.

We have to celebrate, not just for the project success but for the good work that we have been developing.